Jumping on the social media bandwagon can seem like a lot to wrap your head around, especially if you don’t know where to start. The #1 concern I hear from non-social media users is that they’re afraid of being “bad at it [blogging, tweeting, and LinkedIn].”
I’ve derived a list of the Top 10 Event Professionals Worth Knowing on Social Media – who blog with passion, tweet insightful articles from others and are well-established in the event professionals community.
These Top 10 Event Professionals include (in no particular order):
- MeetingsMHJ (Minnesota’s Hospitality Journal) - Their blog features the latest trends in the hospitality industry including food & beverage, culinary, and note-worthy meetings in the Mid-West. All-around a great blog to learn fascinating statistics and travel news.
- GregRuby (Greg Ruby) – From reading his blog, Greg Ruby’s Gems – readers are able to pick up on Greg’s sincere writing style and passion for meetings, events, and tradeshows. He breaks down his experiences and gives you the meat of the information straightforward – something we all can appreciate!
- JeniseFryatt (Jenise Fryatt) – On the Sound ‘N Sight blog, Jenise provides the best combination of a blog – short & sweet, guest posts, helpful links, videos, and more. Her company Icon Presentations goes beyond the presentation side (no pun intended) to engage with event planners in this online blog.
- ASegar (Adrian Segar) – Author of “Conferences That Work,” Adrian’s tweets and blog discuss conferences from an educational and psychological standpoint. Adrian guides meeting planners with not only tips but the reasoning behind the decisions to do so.
- JeffHurt (Jeff Hurt) – In addition to his different approach to blogging about meetings, Jeff Hurt of Velvet Chainsaw Consulting takes time to find appropriate blogs to commentate on as well as to tweet to his audience. With eccentric analogies and new ways to look at the issues facing associations and annual meetings, the Midcourse Corrections blog brings a new (and fun) light to the industry.
- MeetingsMag (Meetings + Events) – Tweets from their online editor include light reads about the meetings industry and tips for event professionals. MeetingsMag is the official twitter account for Meetings + Events publications for Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Northwest, Northern California, Southern California, and Texas.
- MeetGreen (Meet Green Corporate Office) – Catch their tweets and blog posts for the latest in green meetings. And, it’s interesting too – did you know “65% of corporate travel executives are implementing sustainable travel guidelines for their companies?” Neither did we!
- Ready2Spark (Lara McCulloch) – For a blog that encompasses absolutely everything in the events industry, including the event itself, marketing, branding and more – Ready2Spark is a successful business and blog with a personal touch.
- MsStallings (Christina Stallings) – Her off-beat tweets and posts on Light Bulb Moments about tradeshows, events, and technology keep you on your toes and inspire some light bulb moments of your own!
- IACCconfcenters (International Association of Conference Centers) – The IACC Conference Center Blog introduces what to do in real-life situations such as being audited and more light-hearted posts such as conference center trends and more. [Side note: Twitter is not as active so I did link to the IACC Homepage].
Tags: #eventprofs, Adrian Segar blog, and Events Industry, association resources, best event blogs, best resources in the events industry, Christina Stallings blog, Conferences That Work, event professionals social media, Greg Rugby, Greg Rugby's Gems, IACC blog, Icon Presentations, International Association of Conference Centers, JeffHurt, Jenise Fryatt blog, Light Bulb Moments, Meet Green blog, meeting planner blogs, Meeting Planners, Meetings Hospitality Journal, MeetingsMag blog, Midcourse Corrections, Ready2Spark blog, Top Blogs of the Meetings, Tradeshows