Photo Credit: IACC Online – Copper Skillet Competition
For West Belmont Place who plans all business functions, galas, weddings and more at The National Conference Center, there are several upcoming special events that are open to the public and something we believe are worth attending – all designed for different audiences and ages. See what you think, we’re convinced you’ll be raving about it:
- Chocolates Galore – The 23rd annual Chocolates Galore & More will be held tonight (Friday, February 18th) at NCC and is event for friends, couples, and families. It’s a showcase of desserts, hors d’oeuvres, and Champagne from a host of Northern Virginia restaurants and purveyors. Patowmack Farm, Vintage 50, Sweetz Bakery, and more will provide food. There will be live music, dancing, silent and live auctions, and competitions for the best desserts and hors d’oeuvres. CELEBRITY JUDGES include TOP CHEF Mike Isabella, Charlie Adler of TasteDC, and Rebekah Pizana of Gourmet Amore. All proceeds from the tickets ($70 for reserved seats or at the door; $60 general admission) go to the Loudoun County YMCA. Visit the Web site for reservations and more information.
- Hunt Country Bridal Show & Expo - For engaged couples, Hunt Country Celebrations Bridal and Special Event Expo will be held on Sunday, March 20 from noon to 4 p.m. at West Belmont Place at NCC. Admission is free. The popular event returns this year with more vendors and expanded exhibits including carriage companies, musicians, florists, representatives from top event sites, caterers and others who help to create beautiful, elegant weddings throughout the Washington, D.C. region including Virginia hunt country. Brides may pre-register to enter the drawing for $200 toward any vendor or receive a $25 discount on any service from any vendor for services booked at the Expo. Visit the registration website for more information.
- Corporate Spelling Bee - The Loudoun Literacy Council is hosting their 5th Annual Corporate Spelling Bee at The National Conference Center March 28, 2011. The event allows businesses to compete as a corporate team in a round-robin fast paced Spelling Bee. Each corporation buys their way in – 3 individuals can compete as spellers on a team. Celebrity judges include Sentator Herring of the great state of Virginia. All proceeds benefit the Loudoun Literacy Council who teach reading and writing skills to children and adults at or belowthe poverty level. For more information about entering your company, visit the Loudoun Literacy website.
- “Meet & Greet” IACC - If you’re a meeting or event planner and have an interest in food and meetings, this is an NCC event you won’t want to miss! All meeting planners and event professionals are invited to a “Meeting & Eating” session, where Andrea Sullivan a well-known brain psychologist will discuss menu choices for enhancing mood, learning and performance in meetings. Tickets include admission to her keynote speech, access to the round table discussion from industry experts, seats at the 2011 Copper Skillet Competition, the Taste of IACC, and gift bags. Interested in attending? Find out more on the IACC website.
- American Girls Fashion Show – Have children who have grown up with The American Girl dolls? Attend the American Girls Fashion Show at NCC, Saturday, March 26th or Sunday, March 27th. The show expects a 1600+ turnout for the entire weekend. Purchase your tickets today as it’s been sold out in the past! All proceeds go to the Blue Ridge Speech and Hearing Center in Lansdowne, VA which helps young children who are hearing impaired. Visit the website for more information.
Tags: American Girls Fashion Show Virginia, Andrea Sullivan, Blue Ridge Speech & Hearing, Brain Strengths, chocolates galore, Corporate Spelling Bee, events at the National Conference Cneter, Hunt Country Bridal Expo, Hunt Country Celebrations, IACC annual conference, IACC Meet & Eat, Loudoun Literacy Council, Loudoun Spelling Bee, NCC events, WBP events, YMCA