What do you absolutely need for business travel in 2012? We created a list for all the good business travelers to ask Santa for during the holidays. This are a list of unique items we think are practical and will make your life easier.
- Travel scale and alarm – Stop beating your scale at home by throwing your luggage on it. Made by L.L. bean, this travel scale will tell you in six seconds how much your luggage weighs and can also be used as an alarm.’
- Fast-drying travel socks – Travel socks such as the ones by Columbia are ideal for airplane rides whether long or short. They have arch-support, no feel-toe seams and have moisture escapes panels. Aside from wicking away moisture, it also helps to prevent blisters when you’re running from one concourse to the next.
- Cubes for packing - A events and tradeshow manager once mentioned the idea of cubes for packing. She referred to them as “cubicles” and called them the greatest travel concept invented. Cubes such as those sold by REI help you to separate clothes from clean and dirty. If you’re traveling to multiple locations but want to separate designated outfits for each trip, these cubes are perfect!
- Portable jewelry roll-up – For women business travelers, forget trying to untangle your earrings and necklaces when you arrive at your destination. There are portable jewelry cases to separate everything you want to bring in a separate pocket.It’s listed on Amazon.com as “not fancy or fussy,” which means it’s practical and we love it!
- 1st class travel sleeper – Designed by pilots who found airplane seats to be uncomfortable, this is your best solution to not paying 1st class prices. It fits in your carry-on bag, then you blow it up in 10-12 breaths for lumbar and neck support.
Now, all they need to create is a two-in-one case for the Kindle or Nook to lay in with an iPad. Please tell us if you also find these acessories to be practical for business travel (and personal travel). If you think of other great travel accessories you can’t live without and want to share, please share them with our readers below.