What would your boss say if he or she filled out a survey about you? Would he or she be able to portray you accurately? Check the NCC blog on the last Friday of each month to find out who is the highlighted associate. Sharon Meyers, our Director of Catering nominated Rachael Mull, our Catering Account Executive for the month of August.
- What is Rachael’s role at the conference center? Her role is to take care of small to medium sized social events that include weddings and quinceaneras. However, Rachael has handled some larger weddings at West Belmont Place as well. She has gotten very positive feedback from her brides. Also Rachael handles the majority of the Loudoun County Public School events. She is an expert at taking care of the proms. 10 out of the 12 high schools had their prom at NCC this past year. Rachael did an excellent job managing all of them.
- Tell me about Rachael’s history with the company: Rachael started a year ago as a summer intern from Virginia Tech. She worked with us in the catering department and got to see firsthand several of our social events. She helped out almost every weekend with the weddings. The events ranged from Large Ethnic Weddings to Bar/Bat Mitzvah’s and small social gatherings.
- If you were to guess, what do you think Rachael wanted to be at the age of 5? At age 5, I would think Rachael wanted to be a wedding planner. She really loves working with the brides and she makes them feel like they are the most important person in the room.
- What is Rachael’s work superpower? She finds a way to say yes to her client.
- Rachael’s strongest trait is: Rachael is very patient and always has a can-do attitude.
- What’s your fondest memory of Rachael thus far? Fondest memory-The day that I hired Rachael and how excited she was to join our team.
- Describe the most elaborate wedding or event Rachael has overseen/planned: Dadhania & Narayanadas Wedding-310 guests-they had a Barat; an ice cream reception after the outdoor ceremony; a great amount of details to work with; many people involved in planning the event.
- What do you think she loves most about her job?I think she loves making her customer happy.
- What do you guess Rachael does when she isn’t working? She enjoys going to the beach, listening to music and spending time with her family.
- Describe a situation where Rachael really went above and beyond for a client: Khan and Akbar Wedding-6/24/12- She went above and beyond to please this client. The bride wrote an amazing wedding wire review as to how happy she was with everything. The bride had many last minute changes and Rachael always found a way to say yes. She made this experience for the bride one she will not forget.
If you know Rachael, what would you add? How has an NCC staff member gone above and beyond for you? Read past REACHING Higher employee features on the Conference Center blog.