Friday, June 15, starting at 5pm we invite all of Lansdowne and Loudoun neighbors to join us for live music with local favorite Jumpin’ Jupiter. Enjoy food and beverages as the summer kicks off at The Black Olive Bar & Grill’s Block Party. Bring your friends and enjoy music, wine, cigars and food from local restaurants, all on a shady patio. Not sure where the Black Olive is located? We’re off Rt. 7 behind Riverside High on 65-acres of beautiful countryside at The National Conference Center.
This is sure to be a fun night and the first of Black Olive’s monthly summer entertainment series. We so enjoy working with our community partners that we’ve invited them to partake and share the night. This is a free event for the local community and businesses to come together and relax.
- Black Olive Bar & Grill, a mammoth 200-seat sports bar at The National Conference Center, will be roasting a pig for the Block Party, along with side dishes and a full bar will be open to purchase a variety of local wine, beer and beverages.
- Live music with Jumpin’ Jupiter, a 4-piece group known as Virginia’s premiere rockin’ and rollin’ rockabilly outfit. Dance up a storm as this band unleashes some of the most powerful and energetic music ever seen in Loudoun County.
- Wine and chocolate pairings with Chief Wine Officer, Mary Watson-Delauder. Have you ever seen Mary in action? If not, you’re missing out on entertainment at its best. With over 30 years in the wine business and the spokesperson for Virginia Wine Tourism in 2007 and 2008, Mary has her very own following. Learn how to taste the differences in wine when paired with chocolate. Six to eight wines will be available for tasting with homemade chocolates by Chef Santosh Tiptur from The Conche Restaurant, who lives by indulging in chocolates!
- Brewmasters from Solace Brewery, one of the newest in Loudoun County, will be doing tastings of their latest brews and showcasing summer ales. Let’s hope they bring Beach Bod and Sun’s Out Hops Out to taste.
- Premium Moonshine from Belle Isle. This is not moonshine like we’ve come to know it; this is premium moonshine, made using the same techniques passed down by our American ancestors, distilled from 100% organic corn, and made with only the best ingredients. Taste and see for yourself and pair it with fabulous food from our local restaurants.
- Mt. Defiance, located in historic Middleburg, creates handcrafted, small batch hard ciders and spirits. This Distillery focuses on the revival of classic spirits, and explores the world of “lost spirits,” those that had fallen out of favor either due to post-Prohibition mass production methods, out-of-date laws, or both. They honor Middleburg, the colonial-era town, with one of the most popular spirits of that time, rum. Taste, learn and experience.
Back Olive Bar & Grill’s pub menu, Ford’s Fish Shack, with its variety of fresh fish from up and down the East Coast and The Conche Restaurant’s chocolate and desserts will be serving $6 portion size dishes. Local farmers from Spring House Farm and Silcott Farm will be showing fresh fruits and vegetables and discussing their upcoming growing season.
RSVP Today to reserve your Spot. No entry fee. $2 Tasting Tickets will be sold and $6 Food Portion Tickets will be sold.