Loudoun County thinks big. Big businesses. Big communities. Big dreams. The National, with our own 65-acre campus on the banks of the Potomac River, lives large too. We’ve hosted some of the area’s biggest events in our ballroom, the largest in Northern Virginia at more than 16,552 square feet!
We fill our ballrooms, meeting spaces, gardens and terraces time and again with some of the year’s most exciting (and elaborate) events. Take a look at the big picture:
- Our ballroom has room to serve 1,500 for dinner – 1,350 if we add a dance floor and stage
- The adjoining, additional space tops out at more than 55,000 square feet in ballrooms and other reception spaces
- Outside, we can host 1,000 people on the West Lawn, 500 on the Ballroom Terrace, and 800 on the Loudoun Terrace – that’s a lot of anniversary events, weddings, and company picnic guests!
- We’ve also hosted food and wine tastings, art and music festivals, cultural food festival with live bands, food trucks and many local wineries, breweries and distilleries
- The National can not only hold all these guests – but park them too! Arrival and departure logistics make it easy for everyone to come and go at the same time quickly and efficiently—and at no charge for parking!
Planning for large-scale events requires big talent. The National’s event staff includes certified planners with more than 30 years’ experience in the business, so Hindu weddings for 700 proceed just as smoothly as Easter Brunch for 900, and esteemed Military balls for 1,300.
The key to big events lies in the small moments. We ask our big-event clients to describe what their guests will see, hear and smell when they arrive at the event to give us an overall vision. Then we spend months drilling down the details: Where will they pick up drinks? Will flowers make an impact on tables or in the lobby? What temperature should the ballroom be set at for a crowd in gowns and suits? We’re often rehearsing service and timing until just before showtime to ensure the night goes off without a hitch!
Big events at the National make every guest feel special, pampered, well served, whether it’s a holiday brunch with families or an appreciation dinner with a national sales force. Our biggest events in the past year have included:
- The Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards banquet for 600, which consistently impresses the county’s top business leaders.
- Loudoun County Public Schools Partnership Breakfast for 800 and Excellence in Education Awards for 600 making certain all attendees feel respected and rewarded for the work they do.
- The ADAMS Center, one of the largest mosques in the US, hosted more than 1,000 guests and benefactors for prayers and a meal.
- And every year Worldstrides brings together 2,000 high school students from around the country at The National. Yes, we even park all 35 motor coach buses in the West Parking Lot.