Religious retreats aren’t for just church groups anymore, according to “Budget Travel,” a religious retreat is a form of vacation for most professional travelers.
What to expect at most religious retreats:
- Simple hotel rooms with a shared bathroom
- Three meals a day
- Unique property
- Natural setting on 50+ acres
- Minimum of six-hours on property for 1 retreat
- Pattern of Friday – Sunday
At The National Conference Center, what to expect at your religious retreat:
- Simple hotel room with personal bathroom
- Three meals a day on property, ideal for retreats to avoid distribution of leaving the location for other meals. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available as well.
- Unique 265,000 square foot property, originally the Xerox Training Center – this has been transformed into a quiet, peaceful center to accomplish your mission.
- Weekend specials for Complete Retreat Packages
While on your retreat at NCC -
- During your drive up to the facility, look for the family of deer roaming our 110 serene acres along the Potomac River Valley
- Walk along the 1.3 mile path surrounding the center and take in the changing seasons of Northern Virginia
- Write letters to friends & family and drop by the Postal Service on property
- Enjoy the outdoor lawn for yoga during the day or star watching at night
- Visit Sports Flex for indoor or outdoor team sports for your group, including an outdoor lap pool
- If your retreat is nearing an end, allow the Front Desk to coordinate a private excursion to Historic Leesburg or the monuments of D.C.
- Take a self-guided green tour of the center individually or in a group to see what makes the conference center eco-friendly (coming soon!).
According to Find The Divine, most look to enjoy the natural surroundings of the retreat center